Under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, His Excellency, the Minister of Education inaugurated the International Conference on Higher Education for the year 2015 on Wednesday, 26/6/1436 AH corresponding to15/4/2015. During the opening ceremony of the Conference, an agreement of mutual cooperation between King Saud University represented by Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz College for Emergency Medical Services, and the University of Creighton in the United States of America in the academic and training field for the students of the College signed by the Rector of King Saud University Prof. Dr. Badran bin Abdulrahman Al Omar and representative of Creighton University Dr.Edward Oconnor /Rector of Creighton University.The signing ceremony has been attended by their Excellencies Vice Rectors of the University and Dean of Prince Sultan bin AbdulazizCollege for Emergency Medical Services and its Vice deans and in the presence of Dr. Michael Miller / Director of Emergency Medical Services program at the University of Creighton University. Where Prof. Dr. Khalid bin Ali Fouda / Dean of Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz College for Emergency Medical Services expressed his gratitude and appreciation to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King / Salman bin Abdulaziz, may God protect him for his patronage of this global conference, which is considered one of the most important means of direct communication among Saudi , Arab and international universities in which knowledge and experiences are shared through lectures and workshops which are associated with the work of this conference ,and he also gave his sincere thanks and appreciation to the Rector of the university for his continued support of the college and in its all endeavors for the sake of the continued excellence in all areas of the university.
Dr. / Khaled Fouda mentioned that choosing Creighton University to make this agreement occurred for several considerations. First, for being one of the most prestigious universities in the world in the field of emergency medical services, which was founded in 1878 in Omaha, Nebraska in the United States of America, and it includes more than 6,700 students. And it presents more than 50 programs for bachelor's degree, and about 20 programs for postgraduate studies . Then, Creighton University has been educating medical professions for over 100 years, and this current year marks its 40th Anniversary in EMS Education. These years of outstanding experience made the university managed to reach the worldwide level of excellence in this field through, which is committed to recruiting distinct faculty at a very high scientific level, which made it managed to reach this excellence.
Dr. / Khaled Fouda also mentioned some of the objectives of this Convention:
- Exchange educational and training experiences, both scientific and in the field
- Receive students of Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz College for EMS in the internship phase, for training in the United States to acquire better skills in order to provide future national cadres capable of contributing to the growth and development of the country
- Receive scholarship demonstrators from the college to complete their postgraduate studies and get a master's degree in the specialty
- Cooperate and exchange expertise in the field of the comprehensive exam in major of EMS
- Participate in creating higher studies programs in the college
- Exchange of visits between the two universities to raise the educational and the academic level of college
- Develop the quality and the output of educational process in the college
- Collaborate in the field of international academic accreditation of the college
- Participate in the academic visiting professor program to teach some courses
- Exchange experiences in the field of EMS for promoting the output of the educational process
- Enrich the practical side of the students and open up new prospects of an ancient university
At the end of the interview Dr. Khaled Fouda has extended his thanks and appreciation to all the team who contributed to this effort, which resulted by the grace of Allah to sign this Convention.